Hostel Prague Ubytovani v Praze Unterkunft in Prag Logement a Prague Domy Turystyczne w Pradze Hostales en Praga Ostelli a Praga Prague Korea Hostely v Prahe Herbeg Praag Vandrarhem Prag Vandrehjem Prag Albergue em Praga Pensiune Din Praga Prag Hosteli Bru i Prag
Book Hostels Online Now

Why to book with hostelprague.cz!

  • We are based in Prague since 1990.
  • If you have any problem with the hostel you have reserved with us, then you can stop at our office in Prague and we will HELP you.

Prague hostels - Prague at night

Places of Interest

The medieval town of Prague developed on the site of an earlier Slav settlement (the first Slavs had arrived in the 5th century), and originally included Prague Castle, Vyšehrad, the Old Town - Staré M?sto, the Jewish Town - Josefov, the Lesser Quarter . Malá Strana and the New Town - Nové M?sto. The present capital of the Czech Republic covers a total area of 497 sq. km and is built on both banks of the Vltava River, the national river. Prague has been the centre of the Czech state since the 9th century, the seat of the Premysls, the seat of all later rulers of Bohemia, and since 1918 the seat of the presidents of the Republic. Prague, discover the well kept buildings in the "Golden City" from all epoch especially late gothic and baroque the likes of which are not be found in any other city. The splendid architecture and extraordinary site in the hilly countryside, on both sides of the river, make Prague one of the world's most beautiful cities. Prague Castle -The original Slav settlement was rebuilt many times between the 11th - 20th century. From the 9th century it was the seat of the Premysls. The Duke's Palace, originally a wooden building, was converted into a stone castle in the year 1135 and, under Charles IV, was turned into a Gothic palace. The Romanesque basilica of St. George was rebuilt after a fire in 1142, and still remains. The construction of the Gothic and Neo-Gothic St. Vitus Cathedral began in 1344 and was finally completed in 1929.

Hradcany

Once a small municipal town with many palaces, including the Schwarzenberg Palace, the Lobkowity Palace in Renaissance style, the early Baroque ?ernín Palace, and the Loretto whose Baroque church has a valuable interior and collections of liturgical gold and silverware.

Vyšehrad

The second seat of the Premysls. Originally a Romanesque castle, it was rebuilt by Charles IV. And in 1654 converted into a Baroque fortress. The Church of St. Peter and St. Paul dates from the second half of the 14th century, and the adjacent Slavín graveyard is the resting place of many important figures in Czech history.

The Lesser Quarter (Malá Strana)

A well preserved urban area with man Renaissance and Baroque houses, palaces churches and gardens. The Church of St. Nicholas is the most beautiful example of Czech Baroque style in Prague.

The Palace of the Maltese Prior (1726 -1732)

magnificent Baroque buildings with sculptures by M. B. Braun., the Baroque Wallenstein Palace, once a residence of the noble Wallenstein family, dates back to 1624 - 1630.

The Baroque Gardens

situated under the Prague Castle with rich architectonic decorations:Ledeburská, Malá Pálffyovská, Velká Pálffyovská, Kolowratská and Malá Fürstenberská. The Lesser Quarter and the Old Town are connected by the Gothic Charles Bridge which was built in 1357 by master builder Otto and a famous builder from the Gothic period Petr Parlé? who was then only 27 years old.

The new Town

Founded by Charles IV. In 1348, along with the first university in central Europe. Prague consequently became the largest city in Central Europe during the Middle Ages. The present city centre covers an area around Wenceslas Square, which was established in 1348 by Charles IV. As a horse market. The upper part of the square is dominated by the neo-Renaissance building of the National Museum and the statue of St. Wenceslas, made by J.V. Myslbek between 1912-1913. The National Theatre, designed by architect J. Zítek in north Italian late Renaissance style and built in the second half of the 19th century, is situated on the banks of the Vltava River. The first performance held here in 1881 was the opera Libuše by B. Smetana.